Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Improving access, performance, experiences and progression for care leavers.
More About the Offer
We Salford City College will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Providing a dedicated member of staff who will liaise with the high schools and support care leavers from pre- enrolment to completion/ progression;
• Ensuring care leavers have a priority status in decisions about access to services or support including counselling, careers, support services etc;
• Making care leavers exempt from certain course costs and supporting them financially with additional costs for equipment, uniforms, kits, travel, College meals and College trips;
• Ensuring regular meetings are held with the neighboring Local Authorities to ensure care leavers are monitored, any concerns identified and appropriate joint action/support is put in place.
• Working closely with the University of Salford who provide a mentoring programme for the College care leavers to assist with the progression into HE;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to enter the world of work, including through providing a certain number of work experience placements, internships, traineeships and apprenticeships;
• Providing care leavers with additional support by ensuring that care leavers are supported closely through the Progression Team and Personal Tutor system;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities for personal development including guaranteeing care leavers a place on the National Citizenship Programme or Duke of Edinburgh Award;
• Providing additional support to help meet the costs of living independently at a young age such as help with living costs through the hardship fund;
• Providing care leavers with opportunities to broaden their horizons/experience new things through the College enrichment programme including sports activities; driving theory lessons, free or discounted tickets for arts and cultural events;
• Working with other agencies across the City through the Greater Manchester Care Leaver Committee ensure that care leavers across the City have their achievements celebrated at an annual event.
How to Apply
How to Register
If you interested in this opportunity please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you would like more information: http://www.salfordcc.ac.uk/salfordcitycollegestudentservices/info-care-leavers/