Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Improving access, performance, experiences and progression for care leavers.
More About the Offer
We The National Network for the Education of Care Leavers (NNECL) will demonstrate our commitment to the care leaver covenant through the following actions:
• Challenge and support all our partner universities, colleges and other organisations to sign the Care Leaver Covenant and to continually seek to enhance their work with those with experience of care, so that they achieve the best education outcomes;
• Promote the numerous outreach and support opportunities offered by colleges and universities to those with experience of care, so that they are aware of and access the help that is available to progress into and through further and higher education into fulfilling lives;
• Ensure that our work is reflective of the needs, voices and lives of those who have experienced care, and that it focuses on their strengths and assets as people with enormous potential for themselves and the common good;
• Inform, connect, support and champion the work of professionals enabling further and higher education progression for care leavers, so that it reflects the most effective practice, research evidence and high aspirations;
• Commission, respond to and support the effective application of research that builds our knowledge of the needs of those with experience of care and supports the development of evidenced-based practice.