Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Civil Service Internship Scheme
More About the Offer
The Civil Service Internship Scheme is a fantastic opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and gain valuable experience in government and public affairs, as well as strengthening your career prospects long term. Successful candidates will work within government departments in a range of locations carrying out either administrative roles or working on policymaking and problem solving.
- The scheme lasts for 12 months with the possibility of making posts permanent after this time or extending the internship.
- The roles are based in various locations around England, Scotland and Wales
- The internship is offered at two levels: Administrative Officer and Executive Officer.
- The pay for the 12 months is £18,000 for Administrative Officers and £21,000 for Executive Officers. London salaries may be higher.
No qualifications are required. However, to be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 and 30
- Qualified for a leaving care support package when you left care
- To qualify for leaving care support, you must have been in care for a minimum of 13 weeks, some of which must have been after your 16th birthday.
- Those invited to interview will be asked to provide a reference who can confirm their care leaver status e.g. their Personal Adviser, an officer from their local authority or a named contact in their supporting organisation.
How to Apply
How to Register
Applications will be open on the Civil Service Jobs site from 29 August and completed application forms must be submitted by 23:55 on Thursday 26 September. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview in October/ November with interviews available in locations across England, Scotland and Wales.