Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Brighton Dome Oral History Volunteer Project
More About the Offer
Do you have a curious mind? Would you like to learn new skills, gain confidence and contribute to a major heritage project in the heart of Brighton?
The iconic Brighton Dome Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre are undergoing a huge redevelopment to provide state of the art multi-arts venue facilities in the heart of the city. We are looking for volunteers to join our Oral History Team. We will collect memories and stories about the people who have passed through these buildings over the years. We will capture its heritage and share the role it has played in the lives of Brighton & Hove residents, including staff, audiences and the wider community.
The memories we gather will feed into future tours and exhibitions at Brighton Dome and help us share our heritage with generations to come.
Volunteers will receive support and training to:
· Attend and record oral history interviews
· Upload recorded interviews
· Summarise recorded interviews for archival purposes
· Attend events, exhibitions and outings related to project
· Copy and write up the material gathered so that it can be used by the project
As an Oral History Volunteer with Brighton Dome you will:
· Meet new people, build confidence.
· Learn research, computer, interview and presentation skills
· Visit The Dome and related venues for the purpose of oral history interviews
· Contribute to heritage and history material for the newly re-opened Brighton Dome and Corn Exchange and future tours and exhibitions.
· We are happy to provide references for our volunteers
· On occasion, free or reduced price tickets for performances at the Dome may become available to volunteers.
· Commitment: We are looking for volunteers who can commit to the project for a period of 9 months from December 2019 until July 2020. Volunteers will need to attend eight two hour research session once a month from December 19 - July 2020, and will then participate in conducting and recording interviews, and working with the recordings to extract quotes and stories for our Heritage Project.
How to Apply
How to Register
To apply for this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Volunteer applicants will need to complete an application form and equal opportunities form and will be invited to attend an informal interview with the Project Lead.
Volunteers must be aged over 18.
Volunteers who become 'interviewers' for the project will need to undergo a DBS check