Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Apprentice - Office Junior/Administrative Assistant
More About the Offer
This is a rare opportunity to get a first step on the ladder a start your career with one of the region's leading family law Barristers Chambers. You will work and learn from one of the most dynamic and respected clerking teams (Practice Managers) in the North of England. This is a hugely rewarding and fast-paced career with the potential to develop the role further for those with the drive, vision and a passion to succeed.
On-going mentoring for the successful applicant will be provided by our Senior Clerk.
This is a fixed 2-year apprenticeship and includes studying for the Level 3 Business Administrator qualification. On successful satisfactory completion will lead to a permanent position.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To fully support barristers and clerking colleagues with various tasks
- Post Room duties
- Booking out briefs on our case management system to be returned to clients, wrapping parcels and preparing post (Royal Mail & DX)
- Telephone reception: taking messages and delivering messages asap to the clerks or barristers.
- General reception: Answering the front door, looking after visitors. Informing barristers when all meeting attendees are present
- Making refreshments for conferences and ensuring conference rooms are clean & tidy.
- Photocopying, printing or scanning any papers required by barristers and colleagues.
- Delivering any necessary papers to the court, other barrister's chambers, solicitors' offices or local firms within the city centre.
- Making tea, coffee for colleagues.
- Performing any other general tasks that management, barristers or colleagues feel appropriate.
- Arranging couriers
- Assisting in COVID security
- Setting up and managing video conferencing
NB. Temporary changes/restrictions due to Covid-19 precautions may be in force
- 4 GCSE's (Grades A-C/equivalent) including English and IT literate.
- Professional articulate telephone manner, patience, sense of humour and smart appearance
- Energetic team player, willing and committed
- Interest in developing the position as a long-term career
Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30 (1hr lunch break)
Initially, 20 days plus statutory holidays, rising to 22 days following 2 years service
Salary at National Minimum Wage according to age
£150 annual clothing allowance
How to Apply
How to Register
Covering letter and CV, demonstrating your drive and detailing how this opportunity would be embraced by you to
Mr Leigh Royall, Senior Clerk to Chambers, Spire Barristers, 3 St David's Court, Leeds, LS11 5QA
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org