Name of Provider
Summary of the Offer
Hire Controller Apprenticeship Level 2
More About the Offer
An excellent opportunity to join our team based at our depot in Edmonton. This is a 12 month apprenticeship with a starting salary of £16,640, 24 days holiday, pension.
The Hire Controller is key to the success of our organisation and one of the main points of contact for internal and external customers and clients. Hire Controllers have an in-depth technical product knowledge in terms of operation of the equipment, health, safety and environmental considerations and can advise customers on the right plant, tools or equipment for a job and how to use it.
They understand the specific requirements of the sectors in which their customers operate. The role has a responsibility of being one of the main sources of technical advice and instruction for customers and the person responsible for ensuring stock is maintained to the required standard, helping to ensure that all legal, health, safety and environmental requirements are met. They are however supported by the Depot Manager in more complex enquiries and non-standard processes.
The Hire Controller (PTE) typical duties include:
- Providing technical information to commercial construction and domestic customers to help them select and use suitable equipment for the planned activities e.g. Health & Safety in operation, instructions for use, suitability for construction site and project, transportation requirements;
- Ensuring equipment for hire is compliant with Health & Safety requirements e.g. PAT testing, inspections and operational testing, plant operator site cards;
- Completing contract documentation at both on-hire and off-hire stages including all legal and health & safety documentation;
- Processing payments including calculating hire & rental charges (vary depending on domestic or commercial construction clients), damage charges, fraud prevention measures and insurance payments.
- Being a central point of information for colleagues in terms of stock control, maintenance, staffing (of driver-operated construction plant) and delivery/collection requirements;
- Handling commercial and domestic customer technical enquiries and complaints.
How to Apply
How to Register
If you are interested in this role, you can apply online at Galldris.co.uk/apprenticeship-programme
On this application, please tick the box to confirm that you are a care leaver.
If you would like further information about this role or would like to discuss this opportunity with Galldris, please email the Covenant at email@example.com